By Shabi Najafov, REALTOR at RE/MAX
I am starting my blog with a post about Alpine. I live in this beautiful town with my husband, little baby boy and our doggy Mickey. We love it here!
Alpine in a nutshell:
A beautiful green town with a population of 2500+ people located 8 miles north of George Washington Bridge. In 2012, Forbes ranked Alpine as America’s most expensive ZIP code with a median home price of $4.25 million.
You’d like Alpine if you like:
Quiet neighborhoods with lots of trees, birds chirping, and occasionally, deer hanging out in your backyard drinking water from your stream (yep, your own stream. You could even buy a house with your own waterfall. Here’s a pic of Mickey playing in our stream.) Alpine is all about huge houses and posh lifestyle, where you’re so close to New York City, yet feel so far in terms of the peace and nature.
7 things to love about Alpine:
- Privacy – It took me a while to get used to the fact that we can play music as loud as we want and we won’t bother any neighbors. Forget about Desperate Housewives style houses, where you window faces the neighbor’s bathroom. In Alpine, you are more likely to see a deer than a neighbor.
- Taxes – Alpine has one of the lowest property tax rates in New Jersey, thanks in part to the fact that the houses have their own septic systems, there’s no high school or mail delivery, no town library and almost no commerce.
- School system – The kids go to Alpine Elementary school, which is ranked 10/10 by Greatschools from kindergarten to 8th grade, and then go to Tenafly High School, which is also one of the top schools in New Jersey (9/10 Greatschools ranking) and has received a Blue Ribbon School Award.
- Access to New York City – Alpine’s location is extremely convenient for New York City commuters. I drive or take Uber to Manhattan and it takes me 30-40 minutes to get to Midtown. There’s a bus from Alpine to Port Authority Bus Terminal leaving every hour. Downtown commuters can drive to Weehawken and take a ferry.
- Safety – Alpine owes its safety to the fact that its very secluded and the police system is great! Here’s more information on Alpine’s safety stats.
- Alpine boat basin – this gorgeous park right next to Hudson river is perfect for biking, hiking, jogging or just a peaceful meditation. There are outdoor BBQs and tables for picnic.
- People – In Alpine, you are surrounded by some of the business and pop culture’s best known names. I love our community; everyone that I have met does something outstanding for living, yet all of them are extremely friendly and nice.
Alpine real estate
When looking to buy a house in Alpine, forget about a few hundred thousands, we’re talking a few million dollars. Move-in ready, decent looking homes start at $1.3 million and can go up to $60 million. Heard of the legendary $60 million Frick Estate in Alpine? Here’s a picture of it for your vision board. You’re welcome!
My name is Shabi (not too shabby), I’m a realtor at RE/MAX. I want my clients to have the best possible Bergen County knowledge and experience, so I created this blog. I write about different towns, fun things to do and cool events here in New Jersey.
If you are thinking of moving, or know someone who does, please let me know. Excellent marketing and top-notch real estate service guaranteed! Cell: 201-957-4948 Email: email@example.com
You can also check out some of the available homes in Bergen County here – Bergen County Homes For Sale